13 August 2010

One single mouse click and nothing is ever the same...


Some pretty amazing things can happen with a single click of the mouse. 

* Life-saving medical procedures
* Space exploration
* The world gets smaller

In my case, I can think of two such instances. 

One unremarkable day just over three years ago, I was surfing through blogs and came across one where a somewhat obscure but meaningful-to-me poem had been posted.  I dashed off a comment and *clicked* the mouse to send it without thinking another thing of it… or anticipating the life-change that this simple gesture would lead to.  You see, the blog I posted a comment on was A’s.  My mouse-click led to a reply, which led to a back and forth conversation, which led to a correspondence, which led to… well, you get the idea and here we are just over 3 years later about to marry and begin our life together. 

Just yesterday, I *clicked* the mouse on the send button after completing a form at work online… effectively tendering my resignation in the coming month. 

I think one can grasp the enormity of that .  I've worked for the same company since 1994.  We all knew this day was coming.  My local employer has known for months of the new life I’m preparing for and transitioning into.  Still, there was something simultaneously frightening and exhilarating  about making it so.  It was, of course, bittersweet.  

I have no idea what I will end up doing next.  It’s a huge leap of faith toward a new chapter  that I’m excited to begin. 

I am starting to not recognize my own life. 


All with the *click* of a mouse…

1 comment:

  1. You are right one click can change your life. Technology is amazing today, we are so lucky!! By the sounds of it you clicked very lucky! Heres to your new adventures!!xxx

    ReplyDelete