17 January 2010

"Bloom where you are planted"

"Bloom where you are planted". I've often thought of this Mary Engelbreit quote as I contemplate my next chapter in life. Should I be concerned that I'm not doing just that? Instead, I'm marrying my love this year and wildly uprooting my sun-flowery self and transplanting/relocating to begin our new life together in the UK.

I wasn't raised to venture no farther than my own garden plot. Though I'm certain my parents would rather I'd met someone just up the road, I know that they wish me well as I find my own path in life and seek to bloom where I am transplanted.

There is so much to do in the coming months to prepare. I've tackled the difficult task of selling my house. There is still a wedding to finish planning, legalities to navigate, and all the paring down of my career and life here. There are a thousand questions. Several uncertainties. Some fear. Absolutely no regrets.

One can find a quote, an offering, some sage advice to fit most any purpose. To that end, I shall instead embrace Robert Browning's gem... "The best is yet to be".

No comments:

Post a Comment